- Competitive salary and benefits package, five weeks annual leave and 13% superannuation
- Temporary accommodation and relocation assistance available
- Professional development opportunities available
The Central Land Council (CLC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976. The CLC represents traditional landowners, native title holders and other Aboriginal people in the southern half of the Northern Territory—an area of almost 780,000 square kilometres.
The CLC provides its constituents with advice, advocacy and practical assistance to support their aspirations, manage their land and realise and protect their rights.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN
Eligible Aboriginal applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. If an Aboriginal applicant is selected, the remaining non-Aboriginal applicants will not be assessed.
Applicants must have relevant qualifications and demonstrate that they meet essential criteria in order to be considered. An applicant selected under this affirmative action plan will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility prior to commencement, such as:
- completed statutory declaration form, or
- supporting statement from an appropriate Aboriginal organisation
ABORIGINAL IDENTIFIED POSITION
Regional Services Officer – RS014 & RS017 – Yuendumu & Sandover
CL 4 – CL 5 (commencing $65,006 - progressing to $76,886)
We are looking for two candidates to fill two seperate positions, one in Yuemdumu and the other in Sandover.
This Aboriginal Identified Person is responsible for providing effective administration of their regional Services office and coordination of the CLC’s activities within their region. The successful candidate will be required to establish and maintain sound relationships with Aboriginal people living in communities across their CLC region and assist them in matters related to the functions under the Aboriginal Land Rights (NT) Act 1976 and the Native Title Act 1993.
- Attractive base salary and 13% super
- Generous salary packaging (maximum $29,000 annually, depending on individual circumstances);
- Ongoing district allowance (circa $3,100 for an individual or $5,670 with dependents);
- Yearly airfare allowance (circa $1025;)
- Relocation assistance, should you be moving to the region; and
- Subsidised, fully furnished accommodation for the first four months.
The Central Land Council is dedicated to delivering ongoing professional development and career progression for it’s people. You'll have the opportunity to undertake professional development and to take part in a number of new projects as the organisation continues to grow and innovate.
Most importantly, this role will allow you to work in a diverse environment where you affect real change.
- Ochre card (working with vulnerable people check)
- National police clearance
- Driver's licence
If you're interested in using your skills to make a real difference apply now!
Closing Date: 12 July 2022
For further information about this role, please contact Richard Hayes (Manager, Regional Services) on 08 8951 6255.
For more information about the application process please contact Ajok Marial (Human Resources Advisor) on 08 8951 6310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total effective package includes: base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, relocation assistance, annual airfare allowance and salary packaging options. Annual progression within the salary scale is subject to satisfactory performance. Progression is in accordance with annual increments set out in an enterprise agreement.
The filling of this vacancy is an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.RS011-RS019-RegionalServicesOfficer-GenericJobDescription-LastReviewedMarch2017.pdf