- Competitive salary and benefits package, five weeks annual leave and 13% superannuation
- Temporary accommodation and relocation assistance available
- Professional development opportunities available
The Central Land Council (CLC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the Aboriginal Land Rights (Northern Territory) Act 1976. The CLC represents traditional landowners, native title holders and other Aboriginal people in the southern half of the Northern Territory—an area of almost 780,000 square kilometres.
The CLC provides its constituents with advice, advocacy and practical assistance to support their aspirations, manage their land and realise and protect their rights.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN
Eligible Aboriginal applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. If an Aboriginal applicant is selected, the remaining non-Aboriginal applicants will not be assessed.
Applicants must have relevant qualifications and demonstrate that they meet essential criteria in order to be considered. An applicant selected under this affirmative action plan will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility prior to commencement, such as:
- completed statutory declaration form, or
- supporting statement from an appropriate Aboriginal organisation
ACCOUNTS CLERK - FINANCE – FI006 – ALICE SPRINGS
CL 4 – CL 5 - ($65,006- $76,886)
As a key member of the Finance team you will contribute to the overall requirements of the section in preparing reconciliations, processing payments to staff and external creditors, and carrying out other tasks consistent with the broader functions of finance. As well as, processing EFTs and cheque payments for purchase orders including invoice matching, queries from suppliers and staff and other associated duties and processing and reconciling creditor accounts as required. Additionally, you will assist with reporting and review of selected reports, grants and agreements and monitoring balances and payment/offset activity to minimise account balances in consultation with the Senior Financial Accountant.
- Attractive base salary and 13.5% super
- Generous salary packaging (maximum $29,000 annually, depending on individual circumstances);
- Ongoing district allowance (circa $3,100 for an individual or $5,670 with dependents);
- Yearly airfare allowance (circa $1,130)
- Relocation assistance, should you be moving to the region; and
- Subsidised, fully furnished accommodation for the first four months.
The Central Land Council is dedicated to delivering ongoing professional development and career progression for it’s people. You'll have the opportunity to undertake professional development and to take part in a number of new projects as the organisation continues to grow and innovate.
Most importantly, this role will allow you to work in a diverse environment where you affect real change.
- Ochre card (working with vulnerable people check)
- National police clearance
- Driver's licence
If you're interested in using your skills to make a real difference apply now!
Closing Date: 21 August 2022
For further information about this role, please contact Tim Moran - Financial Controller, Finance on 08 8951 6257.
For more information about the application process please contact Jessica Clarke (Human Resources Advisor) on 08 8951 0646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total effective package includes: base salary, district allowance, superannuation, leave loading, relocation assistance, annual airfare allowance and salary packaging options. Annual progression within the salary scale is subject to satisfactory performance. Progression is in accordance with annual increments set out in an enterprise agreement.
The filling of this vacancy is an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.